What is FarmPod?
FarmPod is the farm of the future! It is a revolutionary, vertical aquaponic food production system that is both off grid and automated. Our basic unit can produce 100+ pounds of fresh produce a week utilizing an extremely small footprint (the size of one parking space!).
FarmPod is based on the proven aquaponic techniques but with a more advanced technology. Simply said, aquaponics creates a natural cycle between fish and plants. Water is shared between the fish and plants. The fish create waste. The waste is naturally broken down using healthy bacteria and then nutrient rich water is delivered to the plant roots, thus returning clean water to the fish.
- Grows twice as much food in a quarter the space
- Uses 90% less water than traditional farming and can produce 100+ lbs of fresh produce per week
- Produces Mercury Free, Hormone Free, Antibiotic Free, Radiation Free, and GMO Free Fish
- The absolute minimum of your time is required. Simply fill the fish feeder, choose your plants and harvest your food all within the self-contained FarmPod
- We incorporate biological redundancy in addition to a fully automated system that is self-feeding, self-adjusting, self-maintaining, with real time monitoring
- The entire contents of the FarmPod are conveniently shipped to you in the 20’ shipping container that is the foundation of the pod
- Rain catchment standard in every unit. In most climates, it collects more water than it uses
- Off grid pack available on every pod. (This means solar electric and solar radiant heat)
Who is the FarmPod for?
- Neighborhood Markets
- Nursing Homes
- Aid agencies
GET THE MOST FROM YOUR FARMPOD
- Collard greens
- Fresh Water Prawns
FarmPod has limitless potential to grow a vast variety of foods. The foods listed are chosen to maximize profitability and ensure availability to highly perishable items.